This integration is available from the Pro plan and above.
Use this integration to sync your Zendesk Help Desk with Lokalise. It's a good idea to use a separate Lokalise project for Zendesk localization. Lokalise can only sync categories, sections and articles that already exist in your help center.
Connecting Zendesk to Lokalise
To set up the integration for your project:
- Navigate to the Project settings > Integrations.
- Click Connect beneath Zendesk Guide.
- Click Connect again and enter your Zendesk subdomain (for example,
- Allow Lokalise to access your Zendesk project.
Once you authorize, the list of sections, categories and articles will appear. You can sort linked items using the Content type dropdown menu. Select the required items and press Link items to export the chosen content for further localization.
If the imported languages are not yet added into the Lokalise project, tick the Create missing languages checkbox. Missing languages will be automatically added into your Lokalise project.
By clicking the Link items button, the selected items will be linked and a confirmation message will appear with:
- The number of linked items.
- How many keys were created in the Lokalise project.
- Which languages have been added and how many keys were updated in a particular language.
Linked items can be manually imported to/exported from Zendesk to Lokalise and vice versa.
If required, you can press Link more items or unlink the existing ones by choosing them and clicking Unlink.
After the items are linked and new keys are created, you may proceed to the translation process as usual. The newly created keys will be assigned with a handful of tags as shown in the screenshot:
Specifically, each key has the following tags:
- "Zendesk Guide" — specifies that this content is related to Zendesk Guide.
- "title" or "body" — specifies which part of the article the key belongs to.
- A tag specifying the item type (article, section, or category).
- A tag named after the corresponding post, section, or category.
Export and import
Export to Zendesk Guide
When the translations are done, return to the integration page and select the items you want to export to Zendesk. Next, click the Export to Zendesk Guide button.
Choose the languages to export and tick Don't export empty translations if needed.
The selected languages will be updated in Zendesk.
Import from Zendesk guide
If any changes were made in Zendesk, you can update the existing Lokalise keys by importing items from Zendesk. To achieve that, choose one or more linked items and click Import from Zendesk Guide.
Choose the languages to update. If you tick the Overwrite updated translations checkbox, all translations that were updated on Lokalise will be overwritten with values taken from Zendesk.
Setting up Zendesk Help Center
1. Enable localizations
First, you must add the languages to which you want your help center translated. It can be done at Zendesk Support, under Admin > Settings > Account > Localization.
2. Add languages to help center.
As you've enabled the required localizations, you need to add them to your help center. Navigate to help center settings > Guide settings and select the languages once again.