Use the project icon menu to quickly navigate to the screenshot section of your project.
Automatic key tagging
Automatic key tagging system is able to recognize the text on the screenshots, if the text meets the following conditions:
- Only the base language values can be recognized. The supported languages are English, Russian, German, Spanish, Italian, Swedish, Finnish, Turkish, Polish.
- Automatic key tagging is able to recognize only the existing keys. Please make sure that the key already exists, before trying to link it to the screenshot.
- The text must be clearly seen on the screenshots. Depending on the font, background and image quality the automatic key tagging may or may not not recognize some strings.
All you need to do in most cases is drag and drop screenshot files (JPG, PNG, GIF) to the drop area. Lokalise will automatically recognize the text on the screenshots and link the uploaded screenshots to the keys so they show up in the editor. If you require, you can disable this feature by turning off the Try to find keys on image checkbox.
Once the screenshots are uploaded to your project, you are able to do the following:
- Add more screenshots. Drag and drop new screenshots to the drop area or select a file from your computer.
- Filter your screenshots.
- Select all to be able to add tags or delete all the screenshots simultaneously.
- Add a new tag by clicking on the existing tags.
- Search screenshots by name.
- Choose how many screenshots are shown per page (16, 32, 64 or 128).
As soon as you select one or many screenshots, the screenshot bulk menu will pop up. You are able to add or remove tags to the multiple screenshots. Choose Delete from the drop down menu to delete the selected screenshots.
To access the screenshot editor, click on the screenshot itself.
In case the automatic key tagging does not work, you can manually link the keys to the screenshot.
As your screenshots are uploaded you may use tags to organize the screenshots into logical groups.
- You can navigate between the screenshots using the left/right buttons.
- Name your screenshot.
- Add short description for your contributors.
- Add existing tags or create new ones.
- If it is required you can download the screenshot.
- Update the image or replace it with the new one.
- List of the linked keys.
- To add a new key, select the area on the screenshot, where the string is located.
Drag the area on the screenshot to link a key
You can open the key in a new window to start editing or translating it. Also, you are able to set up, edit or delete key coordinates using the Coordinates button. If it is required you can unlink the key from the screenshot.
Once you replace the image, the rest of the settings remain. In case the new image has the same size nothing gets reset. If it is required, you can add new keys or edit the key coordinates. If the image has a different size, the key coordinates will be removed. You will have to add them again.
Optionally, you can upload screenshots to keys using the key editor.