Use the project icon menu to quickly navigate to the screenshot section of your project.
Automatic key tagging
The automatic key tagging system is able to recognize the text on the screenshots, if the text meets the following conditions:
- Only the base language values can be recognized. The supported languages are English, Russian, German, Spanish, Italian, Swedish, Finnish, Turkish, and Polish.
- Automatic key tagging is able to recognize only the existing keys. Please make sure that the key already exists, before trying to link it to the screenshot.
- The text must be clearly visible on the screenshots. Depending on the font, background and image quality, automatic key tagging may or may not not recognize some strings.
All you need to do in most cases is drag and drop screenshot files (JPG, PNG, GIF) into the drop area. Lokalise will automatically recognize the text on the screenshots and link the uploaded screenshots to the keys so they show up in the editor. If required, you can disable this feature by de-selecting the Try to find keys on image checkbox.
Once the screenshots are uploaded to your project, you are able to do the following:
- Add more screenshots. Drag and drop new screenshots to the drop area or select a file from your computer.
- Filter your screenshots.
- Select all to be able to add tags or delete all the screenshots simultaneously.
- Add a new tag by clicking on the existing tags.
- Search screenshots by name.
- Choose how many screenshots are shown per page (16, 32, 64 or 128).
As soon as you select one or multiple screenshots, the screenshot bulk menu will pop up. You are able to add or remove tags to/from multiple screenshots. Choose Delete from the drop down menu to delete the selected screenshots.
To access the screenshot editor, click on the screenshot itself.
If automatic key tagging does not work, you can manually link the keys to the screenshot.
As your screenshots are uploaded you may use tags to organize the screenshots into logical groups. You can:
- Navigate between the screenshots using the left/right buttons.
- Name your screenshot.
- Add a short description for your contributors.
- Add existing tags or create new ones.
- Download the screenshot, if required.
- Update the image or replace it with a new one.
- Get a list of the linked keys.
- Add a new key by selecting the area on the screenshot where the string is located.
Drag across the area on the screenshot to link a key
You can open the key in a new window to start editing or translating it. Also, you are able to set up, edit or delete key coordinates using the Coordinates button. If required, you can unlink the key from the screenshot.
Once you replace the image, the rest of the settings remain. If the new image is the same size nothing is reset. If required, you can add new keys or edit the key coordinates. If the image is a different size, the key coordinates will be removed. You will have to add them again.
You also have the option to upload screenshots to keys using the key editor.
Assigning tags and filtering keys by screenshots
Note that it is also possible to tag the screenshots and filter translation keys based on the linked screenshots. To learn how to do that please refer to the Screenshots workflow guide.