The custom translation statuses feature is available from the Pro plan and above.
Contributors can assign various statuses to translations for a more efficient workflow. Custom translation statuses are managed in the Project settings > General under the Quality assurance section. You can enable the Allow multiple custom statuses per translation checkbox to allow a translation to have multiple custom statuses at the same time.
Custom translation status management
Once the Custom translation statuses option is enabled, you can add up to 20 custom translation statuses to each translation.
Adding custom statuses one-by-one
Click the Add status button next to your translation (represented as a white circle):
Then simply choose a status:
Adding custom statuses in bulk
To add custom statuses to multiple translations in one go, perform the following steps:
- Select the desired translations by ticking checkboxes next to them. A menu with bulk actions should appear.
- Choose Custom translation statuses: set/unset from the dropdown.
- Select the desired language to add custom statuses to, or choose All languages.
- Lastly, choose one or more custom translation statuses to add and click Set:
To remove custom statuses from the specific translations, perform the same steps and click Unset.
Adding custom statuses during file upload
To add custom statuses to specific translations during file upload:
- Proceed to the Upload page.
- Tick the Custom translation statuses option.
- Choose one or more existing statuses to add.
- Choose what keys should be assigned with the chosen custom statuses. There are three options: Inserted (the keys that were added to the project during file upload), Updated (the keys that already exist in the project but were updated during the upload), and Skipped (the keys that already exist in the project and were skipped (ignored) during the upload).
Editing custom translation statuses
Existing statuses can be edited at any time. To do that, click on the custom statuses next to your translation and then check or uncheck the desired statuses to add or remove them for the given translation:
To edit titles or colors for custom statuses, proceed to the Project settings > General and find the Quality assurance section. Click on a small pen icon next to the specific custom status:
You will be presented with a dialog box to edit the custom status:
How to use custom translation statuses
In the case that at least one custom translation status is added in project settings, the custom translation status section will appear next to each translation in the Editor. Statuses are displayed as colored circles.
If no statuses are assigned to the translation, the status section will have an empty (white) circle instead of any colored ones.
Translations can be filtered by custom statuses using Filter.
You can export translations with a particular translation status. Add the necessary status into the Custom status includes all of field.
Working with custom statuses in tasks
If you create a Review task, you can restrict assignees to being able to alter only specified statuses. Once a task item is marked as completed, all the statuses selected in the task will be applied.
If the Allow multiple custom status per translation checkbox is not enabled in project settings, only one status can be selected in task options. Otherwise, any amount of custom statuses can be selected.